ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Executive Assistant, the Office Coordinator is responsible for keeping CDSPI’s Toronto office in good order. The Office Coordinator is the liaison between CDSPI and building management, inspectors, contractors, suppliers, and other external contacts as needed to maintain the office space, as well as respond to any changes or issues. This role also supports the Executive Assistant with office administration and keeps the office well-stocked by managing the purchasing process for all corporate supplies.
The position will include the following responsibilities:
- Maintain CDSPI’s Toronto office in good working order, acting as the point of contact for any building matters, including after-hours emergencies
- Source and manage suppliers, contractors, and vendors based on needs, such as those for maintenance services, file management, and document storage
- Liaise with inspectors, landlord, and building management
- Oversee matters related to office access and security, such as dealing with entry passes and parking access
- Manage communications related to the building and supplies
- Prepare budget for supplies and building costs and monitor performance
- Source and purchase corporate supplies
- Receive, store, and track corporate supplies, ensuring appropriate stock is available on a timely basis
- Provide support for setting up meetings and corporate events, including occasional offsite events
- Participate in the Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Provide back up to reception and mail services
- Other duties, as assigned by the Executive Assistant or executive management
Reports to the Executive Assistant.
- In-office at CDSPI’s Toronto office
- Ability to work from home on occasion, at the discretion of management
- Requirement to be on call after hours in rare cases of building emergency
The successful candidate will have the following:
- High school graduate
- 2-5 years’ experience in office administration and support
- Experience from small- to medium-sized companies is an asset
Competencies and Attributes
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Team player mindset with a proven ability to interact with all levels of management and staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with Microsoft Teams is an asset
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Created by dentists, CDSPI is a not-for-profit organization established in 1959 with the sole purpose of arranging programs for the benefit of dentists who are members of CDSPI’s member dental associations. CDSPI helps dentists and dental students achieve and maintain financial well-being by empowering them to protect and grow their wealth with customized financial advice, insurance, and investments.
At CDSPI, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.