Car insurance companies consider a lot of factors when determining their rates. According to our Home & Auto insurance partner, The Personal, here are a few ways you can help yourself out when it comes to reducing premiums.
1. Drive carefully. This will have the biggest impact. The fewer tickets you get and the fewer claims you make, the better your premiums will be.
2. Bundle and save. Insuring multiple vehicles, or combining your auto and home coverage with us, could significantly reduce your premiums.
3. Get a winter tire discount. Winter tires offer up to 50% more traction than all-season tires.1 They provide increased safety, savings and peace of mind.
4. Weigh your deductibles. Depending on your circumstances, it may be worth it to increase your deductibles. Just be sure you can pay that deductible in case of an accident.
5. Consider reducing coverage. Maybe you have an older vehicle that’s not worth that much. Removing collision and/or comprehensive coverage could make sense.
6. Join the Ajusto® Program. Ontario residents can get an additional discount on your auto insurance premium in as little as 100 days—just by driving carefully! And Ajusto® will never increase your premium—it will only lower it.2
Did you know? The Personal offers highly preferred rates for the dental community. Get an online quote or call 1.877.277.7230 if you have any questions.
Now that you’ve learned how to save on car insurance, why not save on travel insurance too? Read about this dentist’s potentially fatal spider bite, and how CDSPI’s unique Travel Edge insurance came to the rescue.
1. What You Should Know – Tire and Rubber Association of Canada
2. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply. Ajusto is underwritten by The Personal, which refers to The Personal Insurance Company. ®Ajusto is a registered trademark of Desjardins General Insurance Inc., used with permission by The Personal Insurance Company. The discount does not apply to certain endorsements and additional coverages. Please note that the discount will automatically be applied to the premium at renewal.
CDSPI Home and Auto Insurance is underwritten by The Personal Insurance Company and distributed by CDSPI Advisory Services Inc. Home Insurance is not currently available to residents of Quebec. Auto Insurance is not available to residents of Quebec, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and British Columbia.