Marketing & Communications Specialist
The Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for managing the tactical aspects of strategic marketing initiatives and integrated lead generation campaigns. The ideal candidate has exceptional communication skills - especially writing. This role works collaboratively with the Marketing and Sales teams as well as other stakeholders to foster brand awareness, client engagement and lead generation. Projects supported include communications/content development, customer experience initiatives, providing creative input on marketing collateral and digital assets, co-creation of advisor presentations and corporate website management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Advocates for the CDSPI brand to represent the CDSPI mission, vision, cause, and value proposition and increase our brand engagement with clients and staff.
- In conjunction and collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Manager, team members and stakeholders, executes integrated marketing plans and campaigns that drive engagement, new business, increased share of wallet, retention, and client advocacy by leveraging client insights and demonstrating an expert understanding of the audience, their ecosystem, and their needs.
- Assists in results tracking for campaigns and other initiatives to determine campaign efficiency and provides recommendations for improvement.
- In conjunction and collaboration with internal and external teams, maintains and enhances the CDSPI website and other digital assets to engage the audience and promote easy and positive movement through the sales process, onboarding, and other client journeys.
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing and Communications Manager or VP, Marketing and Customer Experience.
Education & Qualifications
- University degree in Business, Marketing or Communications.
- Minimum 5 years of marketing or communications experience in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated ability to execute creative marketing plans for a variety of campaigns and marketing initiatives including print and digital mediums.
- In addition to advanced writing skills, also proficient in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, HTML, WordPress.
- Excellent project and time management experience to manage multiple projects and deliver on deadlines and goals.
- Strong knowledge of various marketing and analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and content management systems.
Skills & Specifications
- Professional writing and content development experience and a digital-first mindset.
- An enthusiasm for making a positive impact on the customer and employee experience, and the opportunities these provide for marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Superior judgement of audiences' needs and winning tactics.
This role reports directly to the Vice President, Marketing & Customer Experience.
Note: Given the current circumstances, the resource will be working from home 100% of time. As working conditions return to normal, they may be expected to be onsite.
CDSPI is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.