Early Career Education Specialist - Alberta
Created by dentists, CDSPI is a not-for-profit organization established in 1959 with the sole purpose of arranging programs for the benefit of dentists who are members of CDSPI’s member dental associations. CDSPI helps dentists and dental students achieve and maintain financial well-being by empowering them to protect and grow their wealth with customized financial advice, insurance, and investments.
About the role
Reporting to the Vice-President, Advisory Services, this position is responsible for proactively engaging with new dentists, dental students, and the dental community throughout Alberta with the purpose of fostering lifelong client relationships with CDSPI on the foundation of providing trusted financial education and advice.
By promoting and communicating CDSPI’s value proposition and providing valuable financial education informed by our unique understanding and appreciation of the needs and priorities of dental professionals, the ECE Specialist will position CDSPI as the number one choice in the Canadian dental community for advice and our tailored insurance and investment solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Vice-President Advisory Services and the Vice-President Marketing and Customer Experience, develop targets for goals and initiatives, and assess and refine these targets within the first year based on experience.
- Partner with the Vice-President Advisory Services and Vice-President Marketing and Customer Experience to implement annual plans to ensure goals and targets are met, coordinating and maintaining a schedule of planned and completed initiatives as well as their outcomes.
- Proactively and personally connect with early career dentists and dental students in Alberta to build and manage relationships, serving as their dedicated point of contact for financial education, and advice, and client onboarding to CDSPI.
- Fulfill basic insurance needs, prospect for qualified leads for more detailed reviews and complex needs and facilitate introductions to CDSPI Insurance and Investment Advisors.
- Identify key stakeholders and influencers at organizations such as provincial/territorial dental associations, universities, alumni groups, component societies, etc. and foster relationships to promote the CDSPI value proposition and create new opportunities to provide financial education, such as live group presentations, webinars, video, and written content contribution, and/or attendance at targeted events.
- Develop, coordinate, and deliver financial literacy educational sessions and events in collaboration with Marketing & CX, Advisory Services, our partners, and other subject matter experts to ensure fulsome practice management education is provided.
- Leverage social media tools and Salesforce to actively engage with prospects and clients and create stakeholder communities.
- Assist clients in the completion and submission of insurance applications, and other forms, ensuring a high degree of accuracy.
- Monitor trends, the competitive environment, and the dental ecosystem; gather and provide insights to help us achieve our goals and identify issues that may have a negative impact on our business.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Customer Experience, Investment and Insurance Administration, Investment Advisory, Insurance Advisory, and Client Solutions.
- Ensure continuing education credits are completed as needed for license renewal.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the Vice-President, Advisory Services.
Education and Qualifications:
- University degree in Business, Finance, or Marketing
- LLQP or RIBO license in good standing
- If currently in possession of RIBO, must obtain LLQP within 6 months of hire date
- If currently in possession of LLQP, must obtain RIBO license within 6 months of hire date
- 3 – 5 years of financial services experience in marketing, sales, business development or advisory services preferably with health care professionals and/or high net worth individuals
- Strong financial planning knowledge
- Valid driver’s license
Skills and Specifications:
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Dynamic presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Effective relationship builder and a strong ability to collaborate
- Strong networking, business development, and sales skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Excellent project management, planning, and organizational skills with a superior attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and customer relationship management tools such as Salesforce
- Remote work
- Required to regularly travel within province (estimated 50% + of time)
- Required to occasionally work evenings and weekends
This role reports to the Vice-President, Advisory Services.
The incumbent in this role will be required to work remotely in Alberta and travel within province regularly for meetings, events, and presentations as needed.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, January 26, 2024.
At CDSPI, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.