Investment solutions and expert advice. Centred on you.
CDSPI’s investment solutions are built solely with the needs of Canadian dental professionals in mind. Our Investment Planning Advisors are Certified Financial Planner® (CFP®) professionals who take the time to understand your unique needs and always provide objective, unbiased advice—because they never receive third-party commissions based on the investments they recommend.
Quarterly Market Updates
How did the markets perform in this quarter and how might this impact your investments? Get information and expert opinions from CDSPI’s fund managers, including market outlooks, fund performance details, their investment strategies, and more.
You can use a number of different account types to accumulate your savings and investments. The two main account categories are registered accounts (for tax-efficient saving) and non-registered accounts (for taxable, liquid saving).
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) - A sound strategy to build your retirement nest egg and reduce taxable income. Over time, tax-free compounding can be a powerful thing.
- Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) - Ready to withdraw from your RRSP? Get a steady stream of income to meet your needs in retirement.
- Dental Edge Group RRSP Service - Let your team know that you care about their future. Group RRSPs are a great way to help your staff save for retirement.
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) - Save for your child’s post-secondary education, and benefit from government grants and tax-deferred growth potential.
- Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) - Looking to save for shorter-term goals? Supplement your savings with a TFSA, and all the growth on your earnings is completely tax free!
- Non-Registered Investment Account - Build an even stronger savings foundation for retirement or other goals—an effective way to supplement your registered savings.
- Non-Registered Investment Account For Businesses - You want your business's finances to run smoothly to help it grow. An investment account for business can help.
- Individual Pension Plan (IPP) - Are your registered retirement savings enough? An IPP is an innovative way to save more for retirement in a professional corporation setting.
Looking for objective advice about your finances?
Meet with an experienced advisor.
What are other dentists saying about CDSPI?
I’m very pleased to say that working with Gino Ciavarella from Cumberland Private Wealth has been a fantastic experience. I’ve referred many of my colleagues in Manitoba and he’s even used me as a reference for dentists across Canada who’ve called me up.
Dr. Chris Kiazyk
Transitioning to Retirement, Manitoba
As an orthodontist in transition to retirement, I was seeking investment, tax and estate-planning advice and was fortunate to be introduced to Lamees Rahif. I appreciate her integrity and am confident that she will continue to monitor my changing circumstances and help ensure my long-term financial security.
Dr. Gerry Solomon
CDSPI is the only financial services organization that is focused on dentists. They really know our business and tailor their products and services to us. CDSPI also takes a more holistic approach. Its not just about finances, but about ongoing learning and being connected to the full dental community.
Dr. Khash Gharavi
The “free insurance” [that CDSPI] provides is an obvious benefit, and the financial advice is especially important at a time when many are looking at massive student debt upon graduation. I support the Student Program, as CDSPI provides dependable insurance and investment advice to the dentists of tomorrow.
Dr. G.W. Johnson
University of Saskatchewan, College of Dentistry
CDSPI has been helpful in supporting my local (HPDA) component society on several occasions with expert presentations with knowledgeable advice.
Dr. Brenda Thomson
Transitioning to Retirement, Ontario
I’ve had insurance and investments with CDSPI since I started practising 42 years ago. The main thing I looked at was their low administration fee and the fact that they weren’t on commission, which is important to me. I always felt that they worked with my best interests at heart.
Dr. Jerry Wowchuk
Transitioning to Retirement, New Brunswick