Dentist Advisory Panel Member
Created by dentists, CDSPI is a not-for-profit financial services organization with the mission to provide a broad and meaningful range of customized financial solutions to the dental community, covering every facet of their lives. Our corporate purpose is to arrange for programs for the benefit of dentists who are members of CDSPI’s member associations, and their families and employees.
CDSPI helps dentists and dental students achieve and maintain financial well-being by empowering them to protect and grow their wealth with customized financial advice, insurance, and investments though all stages of their lives and careers. As part of the dental community for over 60 years, CDSPI has an intimate understanding and appreciation of the unique needs of a dentist - as a businessperson, as a health care provider and as an individual. This understanding is derived from our strong relationships with the dental associations, our singular focus on dentists, our client insights program and input from our Advisory Panel.
Our vision to be the #1 choice in the Canadian dental community for advice, and tailored insurance and investment solutions. We welcome Advisory panel members who would like to play an important part in helping us fulfill our mission and achieve our vision.
About the Panel
To ensure that our services remain relevant, comprehensive, and tailored to the needs of dentists, CDSPI established an Advisory Panel consisting of experienced and passionate dentists who collaborate with us to shape our offerings and support the financial well-being of the dental community.
The CDSPI Advisory Panel was formed to provide CDSPI with relevant perspectives from dentists across Canada who represent the diversity of the dental community. As the name suggests, the Panel is advisory in nature; Panel members provide feedback and insights on the profession and its ecosystem to help CDSPI make better decisions and improve the overall client experience. Input on CDSPI products, services and tactical initiatives from Advisory Panel Members plays a significant role in ensuring CDSPI continues to offer best in class financial solutions to the dental community.
Responsibilities of the Panel Member
- Participate in Panel discussions, surveys and provide feedback, insights and advice to CDSPI in person, by telephone or email, as requested by CDSPI from time to time.
- Provide insights, perspectives, and feedback on the financial challenges and goals commonly faced by dentists.
- Review existing and new products and services, identifying areas for improvement and suggesting innovative ideas to meet evolving market demands.
- Act as advocates for dentists, ensuring that their perspectives and needs are considered in our financial service offerings.
- Champion the importance of financial planning and responsible money management within the dental community.
- Where appropriate, act as brand ambassador within their communities – requesting feedback from colleagues and providing general information about CDSPI’s products and services from their perspective as an Advisory Panel Member.
- Provide current knowledge, experiences, and perspectives and help stimulate robust, high-quality conversations with CDSPI and the Advisory Panel.
- Dental student or licensed Dentist
- Strong understanding of the financial challenges and opportunities unique to dental practitioners
- Influential and/or well known in their own dental community
- Open, respectful and inclusive communication style
- An enthusiasm for making a positive impact on the CDSPI customer experience
- Two-year term with option to renew
- Typical meeting time commitment is 15 hours per year
- Honorarium paid and reasonable expenses reimbursed for in-person meetings
How to Apply:
To apply for a position on the CDSPI Advisory Panel, interested candidates should submit their CV and a cover letter that highlights their experience in the dental community and financial knowledge. Applications should be sent to email@example.com.
At CDSPI, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.