TripleGuard™ Insurance for Associates Plansheet
How TripleGuard protects your office.
TripleGuard for Associates protects you in three important ways:
Protection for your dental equipment.
Replacement of lost income from interruption due to practice damage; and
Insurance against commercial liability lawsuits.
All in one convenient, cost-effective package.
TripleGuard is designed with the flexibility you need with different insurance amounts that meet your specific coverage needs.
TripleGuard for Associates provides fixed amounts of office contents, practice interruption coverage, and commercial general liability coverage that meet most associates’ needs, at an economical premium.
Associates are not insured under the TripleGuard coverage of the owner of the practice.
You are eligible for TripleGuard™ Insurance if you are a licensed dentist, resident in Canada and a member of the Canadian Dental Association (CDA) or a participating provincial or territorial dental association. As the Quebec provincial association does not participate, Quebec dentists must be members of the CDA to apply for or increase coverage.
Participants in the TripleGuard™ Insurance Associate Package must also be an associate when applying for coverage.
To obtain TripleGuard Building Insurance, you must be insured under the TripleGuard Insurance plan (or under the TripleGuard™ Insurance Associate Package), or apply for that coverage at the time you submit your Building Insurance application.
How TripleGuard Protects You
OFFICE CONTENTS COVERAGE
A principal dentist can only insure office contents for which they are financially responsible—not the possessions of an associate.
The TripleGuard Insurance Associate Package includes a fixed amount of $50,000 of office contents insurance, covering dental tools and equipment. Coverage includes items used at a dental office and located elsewhere — for example, equipment in storage.
Dental tools and equipment are covered for loss or damage resulting from theft, fire, vandalism, or other insured incidents. The insurer pays for repair or replacement, or you can choose to be reimbursed for the items’ depreciated value.
Coverage under the TripleGuard Insurance Associate Package comes with a $1,000 deductible.
PRACTICE INTERRUPTION COVERAGE
Another important reason to consider obtaining the Associate Package is because of the Practice Interruption component of the coverage. For example, suppose an insured peril (like a severe flood) occurred at the practice where you’re working — causing the office to close for three weeks while repairs are in progress. Under the principal dentist’s TripleGuard Insurance plan, Practice Interruption Coverage would only help replace his/her lost income while the practice is closed. Without your own coverage, you would be without income during that time.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INCOME
Practice interruption coverage, which is not disability coverage, insures fixed expenses and reimburses you for loss of dental or non-dental related services income (up to a maximum period of 12 months) when your use of the office is interrupted or interfered with for one of the following reasons:
- Fire, theft, vandalism or other insured peril (including computer damage or theft)
- Repairs in progress when your office is being restored after damage or loss from an insured peril
- Lack of access when you are prohibited from entering the premises for a period not exceeding four weeks by order of police, fire department or other government authority when such order is given as a direct result of damage to neighbouring premises that is caused by an insured peril. Subject to a sub-limit of $10,000 and a distance limitation within a 500m radius of the premises.
- Loss or damage to your insured property due to an insured peril that impairs entry to or exiting from the premises. Subject to a limit of $10,000 and a maximum of 4 weeks.
- Damage to or destruction of any premises or equipment within 1 km that are within Canada and located away from your practice, due to an insured peril when the interruption is at least 12 consecutive hours, up to a $100,000 maximum. In the event of a power outage, the practice interruption loss would need to subsist for at least 12 consecutive hours, payable retroactively to the first hour of practice interruption.
- When a property (not owned or not operated by you but which supplies, contracts with or assists your practice in any way) suffers loss or damage due to an insured peril which affects your practice or wholly or partially prevents the acceptance of services you provide (up to a maximum coverage of $100,000 for any one occurrence)
- Insect or vermin infestation that causes the practice to close for four continuous normal working hours for fumigation and/or other pest control services, up to a $2,500 maximum
BENEFIT IMMEDIATELY WHEN YOUR PRACTICE IS INTERRUPTED
Having your own commercial general liability protection, through TripleGuard Associate policy ensures you are protected. If a patient were to sustain a slip-and-fall injury on the practice premises where you’re working as an Associate, you could also be named in a lawsuit along with the principal dentist.
$5-Million Coverage For Injury or Property Damage to a Third Party
Commercial general liability coverage covers up to $5-million per claim (subject annually to a $10-million general aggregate limit) in legal costs and damages if bodily injury to others or damage to a third party’s property arises out of your dental practice (excluding malpractice).
Benefit From Legal Representation
The insurer provides legal representation for the insured and covers all approved legal costs.
Protect Your Personal and Company Assets
If your practice is incorporated, your insurance covers both you and your company (it should also be named in your application) up to a combined total equal to your coverage limit, if named in a lawsuit.
Receive Up To $1-Million in Pollution Liability Coverage
If you are named in a liability lawsuit alleging bodily injury or property damage due to an incident where pollutants are released from your dental practice, TripleGuard Insurance will provide up to $1-million (aggregate annual coverage limit) toward legal fees and damage awards. For the coverage to apply, the release of pollutants must have been unexpected and unintended and must not have occurred in a quantity or quality that is routine or usual to your business. The pollution incident must be discovered within 120 hours of the commencement of the discharge and reported to the insurer within 120 hours of discovery.
Get a Quote
Premium rates are in effect January 1, 2023 until December 31, 2023.
Due to a greater earthquake risk, premiums are slightly higher in British Columbia earthquake zones.
If you have had three or more TripleGuard Insurance claims in the past three years, your deductible will increase to $2,500 for future losses.
We're here to help
TripleGuard™ Insurance is underwritten by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd (Canadian Branch).
The information contained here is a summary only. A full description of coverage and eligibility, including exclusions, restrictions and limitations can be found in the Policy Terms and Conditions governing each plan.